Discover some of the most breathtaking destinations in Europe on cruises departing from Bari, South Italy. If you’re looking for crystal blue water, white villages and history, opt for the Eastern Mediterranean with Costa Magica.
Costa Magica is a captivating ship, inspired by the beauty of Italian places and it seems literally suspended between the sky and sea.
This 8-day cruise from Bari will allow you to visit impressive unforgettable landscapes.
Explore highlights of Sicily: Taormina, an elegant, ancient city in the shadow of Mt. Etna and the Riviera of the Cyclops. Cruise between Sicily and mainland Italy, and discover the ancient history of Malta.
Marvel the enchanting island of Delo,the birthplace of the god Apollo and the goddess Artemis. After that, during your stopover in Santorini admire the panorama of rare beauty from the deck of a catamaran.
Conclude your trip in Bari and you will have the great opportunity to visit Alberobello’s famous “Trulli”, traditional, unique cylindrical buildings in a fairytale setting.
If you are looking for the best excursions you can do on this cruise, let’s discover together the unmissable highlights for every stop.
Catania – No visit to Sicily is complete without experiencing the magical town of Taormina. With its historical and cultural attractions and the natural beauty of the surrounding landscape, this is truly one of the jewels in the island’s crown.
Malta – Travel back in time on an evocative journey of discovery of the megalithic temples of Malta. An opportunity to visit the authentic architectural marvels and enjoy picturesque scenery.
Mykonos – Sail to the Isle of Delos on board of a traditional wooden boat admiring its wonderful ancient ruins from the sea and dipping into the crystal waters of the Aegean Sea.
Santorini – Discover the wonders of the island: The characteristic churches, blue domes, white houses, melodies of sirtaki, the aromas of the sea and narrow alleyways that suddenly reveal breathtaking glimpses of the panorama
Bari – Explore Alberobello and immerse yourselves in the magical atmosphere of the old rural tradition that exudes from every nook and cranny of this fairytale setting
Something really important to know? The price! You would be surprised how much Mediterranean cruises cost. Of course you can make it as expensive as you want, but there are also cheap options. In general a cruise around the Eastern Mediterranean will cost around $140 per person per day. In low season this price drops to around $100 per person per night (price based on internal cabin).
But if you do your research well and book directly with the cruise line you will find great deals. This way you can have a full Eastern Mediterranean cruise experience for less than $100 per night. This includes your cabin, your meals and port fees.
Check the link for deals: website
Useful tips for your Mediterranean cruise from Bari
- Most likely you will be cruising the Med in the summer and this also is the peak holiday season in Europe. Make reservations ahead or buy skip the line tickets online for major attractions. This way you will have the most of your excursion days. If you are looking for a cruise on Summer 2021, you need to know that this cruise departs every Saturday from Bari.
- In the Aegean, try to take time out to have lunch in a local tavern. Even the most expensive cruise ships can’t replicate the freshness of a Greek tomato salad or the succulence of fish landed that very morning.
- If sailing into picturesque ports at dawn, get up early for the arrival. Santorini will be enchanted you by the charm of the lagoon that surrounds this beautiful volcanic island.
- Most of the ports of call feature ancient cities and villages, replete with cobblestones and uneven pathways, so comfortable shoes are absolutely important if you want to enjoy the adventure (and avoid injury).
- Drink up. The sun can be brutal in the Med during the heat of summer. Make sure you bring plenty of bottled water, and hydrate frequently.
Why choose an Eastern Mediterranean Cruise from Bari
A Mediterranean cruise gives you the opportunity to visit many of the Med’s gems, including the beautiful Santorini.
A cruise is an incredible way to see the Mediterranean, especially if you dream of experiencing multiple countries.
You get to board a luxurious ship where you check into your well-appointed stateroom and unpack… and only unpack once during your trip!
You’ll be spending your time dining on gourmet food, sipping high quality wines, attending Broadway-style theatre shows and other live performances, getting a massage, or lounging by a sparkling pool while a friendly attendant brings you a tropical drink.
While you’re doing all that, your ship will be making its way to an exciting new Mediterranean destination!
The Best Time for Eastern Mediterranean cruises
Summer is the high travel season in the Mediterranean. The weather is hot and sunny, the water is warm, and millions of people flock to the coast to soak up the sun and take a break from routine.
The best time to take a Mediterranean cruise, however, is in the spring (March-June) or fall (September-November).
The temperatures are comfortably warm, the sun is bright, and the crowds are far, far fewer than in July and August.
During the spring months, the flowers are blooming and the landscape is verdant, while autumn days are mild and clear before the winter rains.